One of the most important aspects that every owner should consider when acquiring a used dump truck is a warranty so that this important purchase can be protected should anything go wrong. Without it, expenses could be quite high if repairs are needed and that is not something to be unnecessarily risked. Listed below is some important information can could prove very helpful when purchasing such a vehicle.
The warranty for a used dump truck is generally more detailed when compared to a passenger car warranty. It can include additional items to be covered, including the following:
- Rust and corrosion – This covers the whole vehicle from rust and corrosion; it is very important especially for the truck bed that could possibly get damaged by its cargo. For instance, a liner with some water sitting on it for a certain period of time could get corroded or experience rust damage.
- Mileage – Typically, this type of extended coverage is obtained to have some type of a guarantee on problems resulting from extended or high mileage. It may not be available from dealers, so it will need to be located through a broker or insurance company offering extended mileage coverage. This covers the wear-and-tear experienced by dump trucks in general, so it is an important warranty item to have.
- Transmission and Power Train – Both of these items are exceptional parts that would be very expensive to replace if problems arise. If the used dump truck will be operated for more than two years, having coverage for these components would be very advantageous.
There are numerous warranty providers available so it is important to know certain areas that indicate whether one is better than the other.
- Nationwide Protection – There is certainly the possibility for a used dump truck to be work throughout the United States and even Canada. Providers that guarantee nationwide protection offer an assurance that repairs can be performed promptly in an approved repair facility. This will decrease the vehicle’s downtime and lower repair costs for the owner.
- Transferable – Having transferable coverage greatly increases the possibility of reselling the vehicle if desired. This is certainly important if the truck will only be used for a short time and then re-sold as it would provide a new owner the security of knowing that undetected problems will not pose a financial burden in the future.
- Other Options – It would be preferable to have a warranty that provides some coverage to all parts of the used dump truck, not just the major ones such as the engine or transmission. Be sure to have a binding agreement if such an offer is extended as verbal commitments are seldom binding.
Learning about the various types of warranties and the coverages offered will be very helpful when looking for a warranty to cover a specific used dump truck. Hopefully the above information will be able to provide a means to find great warranty coverage at an affordable price!